CareersToday, success in the majority of careers is at least partly dependent on one's ability to communicate effectively.
While most students taking Applied Communication courses are likely to pursue certificates, diplomas, or degrees in a wide variety of fields, from accounting to psychology, some may be interested in opportunities for professional communicators.
The links below offer information and insight into the kind of work done by some such professionals, as well as opportunities to join relevant organizations.
- Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) National
- Communications Roundtable
- DocSymmetry.com: A Career in Technical Writing
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Monster.com - A Guide to Careers in Technical Writing
- Service Canada - Job Futures listings
- Society for Technical Communication (Canada West Coast)
- Society for Technical Communication (international organization headquartered in the US)
- Society for Technical Communication - Job Bank
Site last updated August 14, 2012