There is a great potential to expand the research and scholarly output of our faculty, staff and students in ways which result in significant benefits to them, the communities we serve, and the reputation of the Institution.
- All forms of scholarship will be equally respected, encouraged and recognized at Kwantlen:
- The Scholarship of Discovery
- The Scholarship of Application
- The scholarship of Teaching
- The scholarship of Integration
- The scholarship of Creative Artistry
- Every plan, decision or action relating to research and scholarship at Kwantlen shall have at least one, and ideally a combination of the following objectives:
- Enhancement in the quality of the education of our students
- Enrichment in the professional lives and reputation of the faculty
- A valuable and valued contribution to the economic, social and cultural well-being of the communities we serve
- Enhancement in the reputation of Kwantlen
- Faculty will be able to pursue different combinations of teaching, research, and other forms of scholarship
- Internal and external networking, consultation and collaboration are essential components of the practice of research and scholarship at Kwantlen.
- An undergraduate education at Kwantlen will include training and experience in research and other forms of scholarship
- Research and scholarship driven by the economic, social and cultural needs of the communities we serve will be emphasized
- The efforts and accomplishments of our faculty, staff and students will be recognized and celebrated.